PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Zucchini Bread

I grew up enjoying my wonderful mother's zucchini bread.  For me, it always seemed like a special treat - almost as good as ice cream.  When we were in Ethiopia (we volunteered at a primary school for a year), I attempted to make said zucchini bread.  [Un]fortunately, I forgot to take into account the altitude (7500 feet)...but that just made the top of the bread caramelize...and everyone thought it was fantastic.  I don't think I'll be able to figure out how to replicate this now that we're back at 591 feet above sea level, since I'm far better at following recipes than making up my own...but at least my mom's bread still tastes just as yummy as when I was a kid!


Scene: Kyle decides to have some zucchini bread my mom brought over.


Me: What are you doing?  Eating a whole zucchini bread?  A half of one?
Kyle: No, it's a quarter.

Thanks, mom, for keeping Kyle's belly happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment