One of the reasons I have an urge to cook is because it's procedural. With all of the sedentary studying I do, I need something in my life to keep me moving and thinking about something that does not involve the pathophysiology of the human body. Cooking also takes a lot of time (in some cases). You can't start to cook and then decide 15 minutes later that you want to go back to studying. Also, with cooking comes washing dishes. Yuck. I'm very happy that Kyle and I have hashed out the chores (he takes out the trash, washes dishes; I do laundry, pack lunches; we both cook, usually together), but whenever I use a lot of dishes I feel bad that he has to clean them up. Basically, there are a lot of deterrents to cooking.
| One of the projects I'm really excited about: Sweet Verbena. |
My new found passion is DIY. Do. It. Yourself. I have lots of projects pinned on Pinterest, but I haven't taken the time to look into them. The laptop sleeve is #1 on my list since I'm getting a new computer and this looks way cooler than my neoprene sleeve. I also don't own a sewing machine (and hey, I'm not spending student loan money or Kyle's hard-earned dollars on a sewing machine) and I can't really afford to spend money on little random projects that are "extra". Regardless, I have this need to do something more with my time than studying. I feel like it would help keep me focused. If I took a 15 minute break from studying to create something instead of being on Facebook, I'm pretty sure I would be more productive after the break.
Someday, I'll make the time (and we'll have some extra spending money). But for now, I guess my hobby shall be blogging. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment