PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 17, 2011

How to Pull an All-Nighter: Darling Style

Friday was my last exam of 2011, woot woot!  Of course, that meant by Thursday evening I still did not feel comfortable enough with the amount of knowledge of the cardiovascular system in my head, so I needed to get a few (i.e. a million) more hours of studying in.  The problem?  The exam was at 8am, and it was already closing in on 10pm.  The logical decision: don't sleep!

Kyle didn't make it home from work until closer to 8pm, so he spent his evening playing video games, catching up on Google Reader, and surfing for the web.  Around 1am, Kyle made the decision to pull an all-nighter as well.  He needed to get to work early anyway, so instead of getting 3-4 hours of not-so-great sleep, he decided it would be better to just power through a couple more hours and then head to work at 4am.  I completely supported that decision, and it allowed me to take a 40 minute nap somewhere between the hours of 2 and 3am.  So yeah, I didn't actually pull an all-nighter, but it was pretty close!  With Kyle as my alarm, I was able to get out of bed and moving.  If Kyle hadn't been there, or if he had been sleeping, I would have been a goner!

After my nap, Kyle started his day: shower, dress, and jumping in his car to make it to work by 4am.  Yup, that's my man!  Then I had the brilliant idea of using FaceTime so we can keep each other awake (since obviously no one would be at his work for a couple of hours).  Apple.com was not being very friendly so I was unable to make an Apple ID/account; we gave up and used Skype instead!

Kyle hard at work.

Mountain Dew.  'Nough said.

I accomplished a lot in the wee hours of the morning, and am definitely thankful I put the extra time in!  Kyle was also pretty thrilled to be leaving work at 11:45am instead of the usual 5pm.  We celebrated our victory by passing out around 12:30pm and waking up at 4:30pm, just in time for our date night with Asiyih & Niyaz!

No comments:

Post a Comment