PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reverse Surprise Party

Last night, Kyle and I headed over to Sam & Scott's apartment for a surprise birthday party for Sam.  We were told to be there at 7:30pm on the dot.  Sam & Scott (and most of my med student friends) are busy studying for the upcoming USMLE Step 1 exam so I was curious as to how this surprise would work.  Were we going to all stand outside the door and barge in at the same time?  How was Scott going to get Sam out of the house?  Shu (our friend, Scott's girlfriend) responded to a group email saying that she was going to pretend to crave pho and have Sam go out and get her some.  I know Sam loves to have a reason not to study, but with Step 1 looming in the not-so-distant future, I thought this was very odd of her to assume he would be willing to do that.  We arrived and learned that apparently he was willing to get her pho on the other side of town while in the midst of Step 1 studying.  All of the guests arrived and we patiently waited for Sam to get back to the apartment.

Scott kept checking through the peephole in the front door to see if Sam had pulled up yet.  [I had wondered why he didn't check through the window in his bedroom since it faces the driveway, but I never said anything.]  Finally, he hushed us and said that Sam had pulled up.  We all grew quiet and Scott pulled out his camera and pointed it at the door.  We waited patiently to hear Sam's footsteps on the stairs outside...and then...SURPRISE!




Yup.  That's right.  They pulled a reverse surprise on us!  Sam hid in that little cabinet for around 30 minutes with his phone, headphones, and a couple of ice packs.  And yes...that is me screaming. :)


Later in the evening, a group was in the kitchen preparing some things and we decided to play the trick on them again.  Sam hid, they came back to the living room, and then he jumped out.  Steve was terrified, and it was awesome - at least it wasn't just me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment