Tonight I discovered a meal that I
love when Kyle makes it. I feel like it's
his thing. When we were in Boston over Winter Break, Jaleh made crêpes one night. For some reason I didn't want one (I must have been sick?), but I took note that Kyle really likes crêpes. Whenever we try to figure out what we want to eat, I try to go based off what Kyle wants to eat because of his finer palate. I remembered that Jaleh had
posted a delicious crêpes recipe so a couple weeks ago I asked Kyle if he wanted crêpes. Yes, yes he did! The recipe makes ~8 crêpes so we had some savory spinach & mushroom crêpes one day and made strawberry & Nutella crêpes the next. I had never made crêpes before, so while I was attempting to make them the first time Kyle took over the stove. Yesterday, Kyle - of his own accord - made crêpes for us to eat at 3pm (no idea what that meal would be categorized as). Strawberry Nutella crêpes again. Delicious. Then tonight we finished off the batter with some more strawberry Nutella crêpes. As Kyle was flipping a crêpe, I realized that our kids will always want Kyle to make them pancakes. Why? Because I can't flip anything with the pan! As a kid I always thought it was really cool when people flipped pancakes with the pan, and I'm sure my kids will be in as much awe as I was when they see their daddy making breakfast.
I'm crossing my fingers this is all true so I don't have to get up and make breakfast for them. Just kidding. Maybe it will be their special treat every so often.
 |
| Kyle spreading a dollop of Nutella on a crêpe. |
 |
| I chopped the strawberries. |
 |
| Crêpe making in action. |
 |
| Kyle's final product. So delicious! |
Yum! Crepes are the absolute best!
ReplyDeletewww.jbound.com