PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

iPhoto Funniness

I was trying to find a photo two weeks ago in iPhoto and decided I would explore the "Faces" function.  I've owned this computer (my first Mac) for just over a year now and I had never messed with this area of iPhoto.  I'll be honest - I hadn't really used the program a ton since I don't take pictures with our camera very often and I only recently got an iPhone (which automatically syncs the photos via iCloud). Since getting the iPhone, iPhoto has been my bff - especially when it comes to blogging.

The only thing I did with this "Faces" function was try to find whatever photo I had been looking for which must have had Kyle in it because that's who I kept tagging (is that even the right terminology?).  Basically, iPhoto pulls up a person and is like "who's this?"  Me: "oh, that's Kyle Darling"  iPhoto: "how about these other 266 pictures?" This is when I would just click once for if it was him, twice if it wasn't.  I could totally be making that up, but I think that's how it went down.  Anyway, the point is that I didn't realize how many people look "similar" to Kyle.  In reality, they don't at all...but I could totally see how iPhoto thought a picture of Kyle and a picture of Dave (our brother-in-law) were the same person (depending on angle, lighting, etc.).  While there were similarities in some, others were totally off.  Like this one:


I'm sorry, iPhoto.  My husband does not look like an Ethiopian first grader.  I actually burst out laughing when this one popped up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment