PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Three P's This Week

We've had an on-going theme this week with our dinner choices.  Since we didn't fast while on our Honeymoon, Kyle and I have only been fasting since Monday (we fasted the day before we left as well).  And how have we broken the fast this week?

Monday: Pacific Rim
Tuesday: P.F. Chang's
Wednesday: Panera

Last night before dinner I joked that we could try to see how much money we can spend eating out this week.  Fat chance.  So while at P.F. Chang's I noticed that we had eaten at two 'P' restaurants and then joked that we could just eat at 'P' restaurants all week.  It wasn't supposed to actually happen, but when we realized our frozen veggies all had freezer burn at 7:36pm with sunset a mere five minutes away - we hopped in the CR-Z and drove down the street to Panera.

Don't worry, folks.  We stopped at the grocery store on our way home and now have food for the rest of the week.  Huzzah!  Of course, then I realized I'm going to an Ethics Club discussion tomorrow evening where we ordered personalized Chipotle burritos/bowls and I'm taking mine 'to go'...so I'll still be 'eating out' but I'll make some yummy chili for Kyle!  Ugh, not to mention we ate Chipotle Sunday night with my dad on the way back from the airport...oh well...

Oh, for those who may not be familiar with the Bahá'í Faith, the calendar is made up of 19 months of 19 days.  The last month of the year (March 2-20) is the Bahá'í Fast.  During this time we abstain from food and drink from sunrise to sunset, pray and meditate, reflect, and become spiritually reinvigorated.  It's a great way to kick off our new year - Naw-Rúz - which is March 21.

Speaking of Naw-Rúz...I think I want to make a pie for the festivities.  Mind you, this will be my first time ever baking a pie, but we had a nice Pyrex pie pan on our registry and it is now in our kitchen...I think it's finally time to break it in!  Considering it's my first time baking a pie, what kind do you think I should make?


Here are the links from above with a description:
Official international website for the Bahá'í Faith
Quick points on the Bahá'í calendar from the official U.S. Bahá'ís website
Brief overview of the Bahá'í Fast from an International Bahá'í community information resource
Quick blurb about Naw-Rúz from the official U.S. Bahá'ís website
nineteendays - A beautiful photography project inspired by the Bahá'í Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment