Today on Facebook, I noticed two things (ok, I noticed a LOT of things, but two about today): 1) a lot of my friends were thanking Vets for all they have done for us and military personnel who are continuously serving our country and 2) the date - 11/11/11. I don't do the whole "make a wish" thing, but today was special for me as well! Yeah...repeating digits is pretty cool...but today marked our 5th mensiversary! That's right, folks: Kyle and I have been married for 5 months! Which means we've been together for 2 years, 5 months, and 1 week! Bah ha ha :)
How was this wonderful date spent? Let's see... It started off with us sleeping through alarms, and then rushing around to leave the house at around 7:45am. Kyle dropped me off at Starbucks on his way to work. Read: Jasmin was stuck at Starbucks all day without a car - the perfect solution for an easily distracted medical student. He then came back at noon and we went out to lunch at Dave's Cosmic Subs (so good!). Then Kyle came back to Starbucks with me and we chilled for a few minutes before he headed to work. All in all, I spent 9 hours studying virology at Starbucks today. Kyle came and chilled (again) in Starbucks after work for 1 hour, and then we decided to see if we could get dinner at a restaurant we have a Groupon for. Whenever we don't make a reservation, we have to wait a long time. Whenever we make a reservation, there is never anyone else in the restaurant. Tonight held true! There were no spots for 30-40 minutes, so we went home.
Neither of us were really that hungry, so we got down to business: catching up on shows we missed this week. We like to live it up on Date Night. After watching House, Glee, and Up all Night we decided to have some dinner. Dinner = pumpkin pie + whipped cream. Chyeah! After dinner, Kyle had to head to the airport to pick up his dad who is staying the night with us before heading to Louhelen Baha'i School tomorrow (Kyle's going too) for a wonderful talk by Mr. Hooper Dunbar. And now that I've finished writing this post, it's time for me to get back to studying viruses...yum...



No comments:
Post a Comment