We discovered tonight how to get the most out of Starbucks' rewards system. For those of you who aren't familiar with this, Starbucks has a rewards program that mainly consists of the accrual of gold stars. It's just like elementary school, except that these gold stars are virtual and you don't even have to be good in order to get them. You just need to give Starbucks your money. Anyway, when you buy enough drinks, they send you a fancy GOLD CARD. I still remember the first time I spotted the elusive gold card. It was the morning of my wedding, and my dad was treating me to Starbucks. Just moments after I finished ordering my Grande Chai Tea Latte from the cashier, the glimmering card emerged from my dad's wallet. It literally virtually blinded me. Since that day, nearly 5
Anyway, we decided to each have our own account so that we can each get our own card. That's really the only benefit, and we both know it's ridiculous, but you really only need buy 0.577 drinks per week in order to get your gold card, and that's going to happen anyway. Might as well get a card out of it.
After we're done here (they'll kick us out at 10pm) we're going to hit up Waffle House for dinner, because we feel like having waffles, and it's probably cheap, and neither one of us want to make dinner. Don't judge us. We had a little debate as to whether IHOP or Waffle House has better waffles. I've never been to Waffle House and I only remember going to IHOP once or twice. Jasmin says that Waffle House has to have better waffles because their name is Waffle House, and IHOP is a pancake house, but I think that's a pretty big assumption. What settled our decision to go to Waffle House is that 7 or so IHOPs in and around Toledo were recently raided by the FBI because of supposed links to terrorism. We'll just let them work that out.



:)
ReplyDelete