I just found out there's a term for our new eating habits. It's called flexitarianism. Basically, a diet full of veggies and other non-meat foods, and occasionally we eat meat (excluding red meat). I find this very interesting because it was just a lifestyle choice Kyle and I made so that we could be healthier [together] - we had no idea there was a term for it! Granted, if a steak is put in front of Kyle, you can be sure he will eat it and enjoy it! Our goal is to make a majority of our meals (dinner) without meat. This week we chose 5 recipes - 3 veggies and 2 that included chicken (one grilled, one in stew). We probably won't cook red meat for ourselves (we've been using ground turkey instead of ground beef, and sometimes I think it tastes way better), but whether we're visiting friends or eating out, you can count on us eating some along the way.
I'm super excited to have a new label - it makes me feel cool ;) Flexitarianism, here we come!



Rest assured, red meat will be paying us a visit when warmer weather comes back.
ReplyDeleteWhy when warmer weather comes back? We do not have a grill...
ReplyDelete