I guess it's been quite some time since we've updated. Sorry folks! We were busy spending time with our loving, wonderful families and then had a 3 hour break before starting back at work and school. Literally, 3 hours. We got back from Boston at 8pm and had to go to bed by 11pm for work/school the next morning.
Our adventures for "Winter Break" took us to my parents' house where I got to spend some fun times with my sisters, mom, and dad while Kyle was at work (he only took 1 week off). Since my parents live an hour South and Kyle works 25 minutes South of here, he was able to make almost the same commute from my parents' house as he would have from our apartment. Sleeping on the full-sized mattress on a full-size frame on a twin-size frame (yes, you read that right, now try visualizing it) was an adventure in itself! My sisters and I also spent some time with our mom's old sewing machine. We made rice bag warmers for friends and family (Ayyam-i-Ha is just around the corner!) and I sewed a t-shirt into a purse for our niece. That week was a lot of fun, there was a lot of laughter (we're a bit too loud for Kyle), and I was able to stay up late watching CSI re-runs and sleep in 'til noon. It was definitely a break.
That Friday, Leo drove to our apartment for our next adventure. Amber drove me back home and hung out with me while Kyle & Leo played XBOX. We watched Bones on my computer while being cozy in my bed. Meanwhile, I was doing laundry so that we'd have clothes to wear for the next week - in Boston. Amber left pretty late that night, and the next morning we had a bit of an oops. Kyle, Leo, and I all overslept! Instead of leaving at 7am like Kyle had hoped, we were on the road closer to 12:30pm. The drive there was pretty uneventful. We got to Kyle's dad's house in New Hampshire at around 2am (actually, it was the house next-door since they rented it for all of us to stay in) and passed out. The next morning, Kyle and I were awoken by my favorite niece & nephew! It was so good to see them again! Life gets really dull without kids around. After a weekend in New Hampshire, taking a walk on the beach, playing Whoonu, eating delicious food, meeting more of Kyle's family, we spent the rest of the week (almost) in Boston.
Our week with Bre, Dave, Jaleh, & the kids was really enjoyable. We went on walks, ate froyo, crepes, Indian, sushi, and Bre's delicious stews, had a girl's night (stamping! I am so excited about this!) while the boys saw a movie, spent time with friends - old and new, and just got some quality time with some of the greatest people on earth. Don't get me wrong, I love my sisters and we're bff (forever and ever), but it's a really cool experience to have new sisters (and brothers) who are awesome as well. One of my highlights of the week was getting to have a date with Kyle, Milo, & Sonia. Since we don't get a lot of chances to spend time with our niece & nephew, I cherished every moment we had together - especially when those moments included froyo and paint-your-own-pottery! Sonia's froyo looked absolutely disgusting (Cocoa Puffs, sprinkles, berries, chocolate, gummy bears, you name it - she had it, all on top of blueberry & chocolate "choc-lic" froyo). Milo has determined that the next time he goes to Berry Freeze, he's going to get only toppings. He's awesome.
For New Years Eve, we went back to Kyle's dad's house to watch fireworks on the beach. Unfortunately, there was quite some fog out that night, but it still made for a really cool show. As the fireworks went up (which we could hear), they disappeared into the fog...and then the clouds lit up! Pretty cool, right? After dinner and fireworks, we went back to Boston to do NYE the right way: watching Iron Chef! We totally would have missed the stroke of midnight had Dave not interrupted our focus with "it's 2012 now." After another day of spending time with the fam, we were back in the car for the journey home. We made way better time on the way back, but it's probably because we rarely stopped. We did see a car fire (well, it looked more like a truck's tire was on fire) and when we hit the Cleveland area there was some snow (and ice when we got off for gas).
All in all, it was a pretty fantastic break from school. Monday night, however, I realized that I needed just one more week to sit on my butt and do nothing. I finished catching up on my shows and then I wanted to cry. Do I really have to go to school tomorrow? Yes, Jasmin. Yes you do. And I did.



No comments:
Post a Comment