PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Watch for Jasmin

Ok friends, I need your help.  When I was in Guatemala this summer, my watch [that I'd had since 2004] broke and I still haven't replaced it.  As a medical student, this actually makes my life a bit more challenging.  Not having a watch means I have to check my phone for the time, which inevitably distracts me from whatever I'm trying to do, and [in my opinion] looks really unprofessional.  It also means that when I'm trying to take a patient's pulse, I have to awkwardly stare at the wall clock instead of my wrist.  Even worse: checking a patient's respiration rate.  Inconspicuously watching the patient's chest rise and fall as you pretend to stare at your watch while 'still taking the pulse' is not so inconspicuous when your eyes are going back and forth from the wall clock to their chest...

Kyle really wants to get me a watch, and he would have months ago if I could just choose one. However, I am very picky when it comes to buying things: "$125 for a watch? SERIOUSLY!?"  And I have very specific standards for a watch: 1) it must have a second hand, 2) it must have 5 minute markings, 3) it has to look classy & professional.

I've found a few watches that I like and I'd like your opinion:

Fossil Stella Mini Stainless Steel Watch - Two-Tone
Fossil Georgia Leather Watch - Grey
Fossil Stella Mini Leather Watch - Sand
Fossil Stella Mini Stainless Steel Watch - Rose
One of the problems I have with all of these watches is that I think the faces are too big.  My last watch was small and I loved it.  However, I've determined it's really hard to find a small watch that I really love.  Maybe it's finally time to move on.



2 comments:

  1. The second one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first one and the last one! I was in the same boat as you a few years ago, I had a small-faced watch and it broke, but now I LOVE my watch that is about the same face size as the ones in your picture. Now I don't think I could go back to a smaller one!

    ReplyDelete