We are on our way to Boston - hooray! We have ~6 hours to go and it's beautiful outside! Snow! Clear roads! The sun is shining! *Update at 4 hours to go...it is now snowing and there is limited visibility. Here's to hoping it doesn't get too bad!*
You may remember that I mentioned we would be going to see the Lights Before Christmas display at the Toledo Zoo on Friday after my exam. Upon leaving the exam, I realized how cold (and windy!) it was and was really not looking forward to spending an hour or two outside, freezing my butt off just to see the lights with my wonderful husband. Kyle was give the rest of the day off work at noon and I was very excited to get to spend some extra time with him. When I brought up the cold weather and not really feeling the zoo, he was quite alright with staying warm!
We spent the afternoon catching up on our Google Reader, starting laundry, prepping for packing, and then decided to get an early dinner and see a movie. We stopped at Longhorn at around 3:30pm and really enjoyed ourselves. Kyle got a Black & Bleu burger and I got the Napa Grilled Chicken. So yummy! The timing was perfect and we made it to This is 40 with 10 minutes to spare. The movie itself was very stressful and made me sad at times. Kyle wasn't a fan either, but we both thought there were some funny parts. Also, as we got back to our apartment I realized we turn 40 in just 15 years!!! So crazy!!!
We then spent the rest of our evening doing laundry, watching a couple episodes of The West Wing, and packing. In the midst of packing my entire wardrobe, at around 10pm, our doorbell rang. We both were a little freaked out and checked our phones to see if someone had said they were stopping by. No such luck. Kyle headed for the door with my following, staying at the top of the stairs. In walked...Mackenzie! Surprise! She brought me some Ghiradelli milk chocolate & caramel squares as a pick-me-up after my rough exam! :)
After she left, Kyle had a brilliant idea: why don't we just leave now and take turns all night? The kids would love the surprise! It would be so baller and spontaneous of us! However, the wife did not think this was the best idea since she had not slept much the night before and was already exhausted. I knew that I would be really excited if we left now and therefore would not be able to fall asleep for a while in the car. This would mean that we would both end up getting tired around the same time. Not good.
In the end, we went to bed around 11pm and I told Kyle that if he woke up in the middle of the night and was wide awake, just wake me and we will go ASAP. His alarm went off at 4am (mine was set for 5) and we were both not feeling it. Even when my alarm went off we weren't feeling it, but I knew that if I didn't get out of bed we would not be leaving by 6am. Miraculously, we were showered, car packed, and on the road by 6:10am. Not too shabby!
I was first up to drive since I'm the morning person (or so I've been told) and after the first hour, Kyle fell asleep. It is hard to drive alone, on not enough sleep, in the dark. And I couldn't listen to music or talk radio because my love needed his rest. Luckily, around 10am Kyle decided it was time to switch drivers because he could tell I was getting uncomfortable and tired. That man knows how to read me!
I guess that's where I'll stop since this was supposed to be a post about our last date night in Ohio this year. Why am I being so specific? Because we are going on a date in Boston! Woo hoo! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment