The first week of November, Steph came over to study for our upcoming intense exam. Since she always treats me to yummy foods when I venture her way to study, I decided I would whip up something delicious for her that day. She sent me some cooking blogs and I used this recipe for Butternut Squash Black Bean Tostadas. Instead of corn tortillas I used the last of our flour tortillas. Instead of the creamy avocado dressing I just sliced the avocados. Actually, I think I forgot to slice the avocados. Steph, did we eat avocados?! The flour tortillas puffed up on the stove and would not deflate. It was a bit of a crunch mess, but it was still delicioso!
| Crunchy, delicious mess. |
While I was prepping for the tostadas, I removed the arils from a pomegranate because I was going to make these amazing dark chocolate pomegranate cookies. When it was time to create our tostadas, Steph saw the arils and thought they were one of the toppings. As she added a nice serving on her butternut squash, black bean, onion, lettuce-topped tostada my brain wasn't working fast enough to warn her. We had lots of laughs, she emptied a few of the arils back into the bowl, but then insisted that she's had pomegranate on salads before and this would be great! I still find it humorous...two months later... If I remember correctly, she did think it tasted good - anyone care to double check?
| Steph's Pomegranate Butternut Squash Black Bean Tostada |



1. That's what Rachael Ray does all the time - just add random stuff to recipes - and it works for her. It's called culinary genius, Jasmin Darling. The guy who invented pizza probably was laughed at too. Someday. :-)
ReplyDelete2. Deliciousness confirmed. Pomegranates go well on anything.
3. We did eat avocados!
Fun times. :-)