Before Naw-Ruz, I got really excited about the idea of making a pie for the celebration our community was having. I checked out some recipes and settled on this "healthy"apple pie recipe. I'll cut to the chase: it was a disaster. I didn't look at any tutorials on how to make pie crust. Just figured I'd dive in and wing it. Terrible, terrible, terrible decision! There are some very important details when making pie crust. If there's one thing you need to remember, it's this: COLD. The water must be cold; the butter must be cold. After my failed first attempt (I used warm water instead of cold; I feel like there was something else I messed up but I don't remember), I watched a couple tutorials and read some other recipes to find important details (cold). In the end, my pie was pretty yummy, but I think next time I'll stick to unhealthy pie crust. Much easier!





No comments:
Post a Comment