At the end of March, I had my Complete History & Physical Exam. This doesn't mean I had a physical...it means I gave a physical to a standardized patient. Head to toe (literally). For the past two years, I have used Kyle as my practice patient. He's very good at it. He also knows when I'm forgetting something because I've practiced so many times. :)
One night while I was practicing, Kyle made me laugh. A lot. I was trying to get the right places for the reflexes in the arm (biceps, triceps, & brachioradialis). To do the biceps and brachioradialis, you actually hit the reflex hammer on your fingers instead of the patient (like you would for the triceps or patellar [think: knee reflex]). After hitting your thumb multiple times with a hammer, it hurts!
Kyle: Engineers have known for hundreds of years not to hit ourselves with hammers...
You'd think we would have learned by now, too.




No comments:
Post a Comment