PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 2

Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple wasn't quite so bad (considering we're over 2,000 miles from each other)...  It started off with good morning texts (via gchat) and a surprise email:

Subject: Valentine's Day

Don't get too excited. :)
Your present is behind the painting on our dresser.
I love you, Jasmin.

Sent from my iPhone

So of course I ventured out of bed, assuming it would be one of Kyle's cards (he bought blue cards with gray envelops last year when we were doing long distance; he used to leave me little love notes when he'd come to visit - I'd find them in my lunch box, on my car, etc.).  I was surprised with the addition of a gold Godiva box!  I ate one delicious truffle for breakfast before heading out to school.

Valentine's Day 2012

He liked the card I sent with him.  On the inside it had "I <3 you more than {ice cream}" stamped on it.  The ice cream was a stamp of ice cream in a cone and the heart was a heart.  Clever, right?  I wish I could have seen him because I wanted to see him laugh about it.  I guess this just means I have to keep making clever cards!

It was Kyle's first day at the VW factory in Silao, Mexico.  He really likes what he's doing there and says he's learning a lot.  They got back fairly late (for me...hehe) from the factory so I decided to try to get some studying in before bedtime while he was at dinner.  I accomplished a lot more yesterday than I have recently, but I was still really exhausted by the time 9:45pm rolled around.  I powered through til 10pm and then decided I would try to play with our new Kinect!  I set it up yesterday afternoon and tested out the "Adventure" game (it's pretty ok, in my opinion), so I took another whirl at it and unlocked the "intermediate" level.  I was still pretty tired, but luckily Kyle was back from dinner so we could talk on the phone.

It's really bizarre how familiar talking on the phone is.  We haven't had to do the whole long distance thing in over a year (besides the week I was in Guatemala), but it our nightly phone call feels as if we have been doing this non-stop.  I love hearing his voice on the phone - always have, always will!  Of course, I like it a lot more in person...but that's just because then I get to see him, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment