See, the problem with posting every day about our Darling life is: our life is really boring. Our lives are so packed with necessities (school/work) that there's very little free time for being adventurous...and it's even harder to be adventurous together, when we're apart {obviously}.
Yesterday I decided to sleep in a little bit, and then I called our new eye doctors' office to see if I could get an appointment for a contact fitting and change Kyle's appointment to an earlier date at the office in the city in which he works. My goal was for this to take a max of 15 minutes so I could still get showered, out the door, and make it to my second class of the day by 10am. Long story short: that didn't happen. I was on hold for a total of 1 hour (3 different phone calls), worked with a woman who was either having a really bad memory day or just wasn't paying attention to me, and in the end the only productive thing that happened was: Kyle's appointment is now earlier and in the correct city.
She was going to call me back after speaking with the doctor who does contact lens exams since I've already had a complete eye exam and just need the contact fitting. I had told her that I've worn contacts for 10 years now and I already know the kind of contacts I need, I just need to know what my new prescription is (since my glasses prescription changed) so I can order contacts before my honeymoon where I plan to snorkel (trying to get her to understand the necessity of this happening prior to March 2). Of course, she called back when I was not available to answer the phone, and her message was basically "I've talked to the doctor; she said if you've never had contacts before we can just sign you up for the class. Give me a call back." Seriously?! See what I mean by "bad memory day" or not paying attention? I called back and was told that the wait would be more than 5 minutes (which is what the message had said all morning...) so I pressed 1 to leave a message, explained the situation, and I did not receive a phone call back all evening. I really hope she didn't talk to the doctor and change the appointment I had finally claimed, less than 48 hours before departing for our honeymoon. It was actually Kyle's old appointment; I used a lot of problem solving skills for this whole ordeal and I really hope it all pans out by Monday evening.
So after that bit of adventure {ha}, I went to Starbucks to study until I finished the remaining (3) respiratory physiology lectures. I felt pretty baller about accomplishing that goal between the hours of 2 and 6pm, and headed home for din din. Kyle got back from work and we talked on the phone a bit before he headed to dinner. I miss that guy! During his dinner (the restaurant has WiFi) we chatted quite a bit, which made me feel like I was almost there with him. It was Date Night, after all. Our Date Night consisted of: me making some minor updates on the blog (rounded edges for buttons + new Pinterest and Etsy favorites buttons at the bottom), playing the Adventure game on the Kinect, and eating some yummy leftovers; Kyle assisted a girl who was invited to dinner by a co-worker via Google translate, by helpful advice for dealing with men, and paying for her taxi ride home. I married a gentleman, folks! So proud! :)
After that eventful evening, I curled up in bed with my BRS Physiology book and fell asleep. Kyle had a more productive late night: taking care of bills. We sure know how to party it up on a Friday night!



No comments:
Post a Comment