PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 7

Yesterday was Kyle's "day off" so what do you think he did?  Explored León?  Ate lots of yummy Mexican food?

Nope.  He spent his day in his room, checking out bike stuff (for me, this time), and FaceTiming with his {lovely} wife.  I'm not complaining!  :)  He did treat himself to Starbucks in the late afternoon; it was kind of like a Starbucks date since I was camped out studying at Starbucks as well.

My Sunday was filled with just as much excitement: morning Step 1 review of the respiratory system (which was also perfect review for our upcoming exam), ate lunch, talked to Kyle, headed to Starbucks and made it through 4 pharmacology lecture hours in record time, came home for din din (leftovers from my mother dearest), talked to Kyle, caught up on neuropathology lectures, and then - ta da!  Bed time.

It was really great to be able to talk to Kyle throughout the entire day, and I can't wait til he's back home!  Last night he wrote on my wall: Cinco días más, mujer.  I couldn't stop laughing.  For those who don't know Spanish, that means "Five more days, woman."  I told him it would be better to say "Cinco días más, mi amor" or "mi esposa" - "my love"/"my wife" - but I'm still proud of the attempt!  Kyle took French in high school (and our brother-in-law is Swiss [the French-speaking kind]), and I took Spanish...so together we can semi-take care of business in half of the world (geographically?).

No comments:

Post a Comment