PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday!

You might be surprised to know that before yesterday, I had never heard of Fat Tuesday.  Yes, I'd heard of Mardi Gras, but I didn't really know anything about it.  Mackenzie's family has a tradition of eating pączkis, and unfortunately there weren't any Polish bakeries around where she went to undergrad and she spent Fat Tuesday in Kentucky (helping renovate homes for those in need) last year - again, without pączkis.  So this was going to be the first year in the past 6 to gobble up a delicious pączki, and she decided to share this glorious moment with me!
Pączkis!  Mackenzie chose ones filled with Bulvairan cream.
I approve of this decision.

Mackenzie loooves pączkis!

Jasmin now loves pączkis!
If Kyle was here, I would go to the bakery and get some for him.  They are soooo good!  If you haven't had them before, I definitely recommend stopping by the nearest Polish bakery.  You might have to wait in line, though; they are a hot commodity on Fat Tuesday!

Nom Nom Nom!


No comments:

Post a Comment