PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 3, 2012

High Five for Friday

Photobucket

Unfortunately, this Friday does not feel like a "T.G.I.F." kind of Friday.  The realization that it's Friday has actually left me in a mild panicky state - I am not caught up with my course work, and it has only been 5 days of class!  Yikes!  So, to calm myself, here are my top 5 favorites this week:


My new shades
1) My new shades.  Juuuust kidding!  But my new eye doctor is REALLY awesome!  She is a graduate from my medical school and did her residency here as well.  I loved that when she left the room she said "see you in two years!"  She didn't mean my next appointment would be in two years, folks.  She meant that she would be my attending in two years!  The whole experience actually made me consider a career in ophthamology.  I do find the eye fascinating, but it's a really competitive field so I don't really know how that would pan out.  I'll definitely keep the thought in my back pocket, though.

2) Spending last weekend with my family (minus Amber).  It was nice to sit on my butt and watch TV or play cards with them.  Definitely already missing that break from school.


Fantastically Average

3) My friend, Jessica, gave her blog an upgrade and it looks super awesome!  I'm also proud of her for keeping her goal of one post per day during the month of January.  Check it out at: Fantastically Average.  Keep it up, girl!

4) Kyle has been extremely helpful this week.  Not that he isn't normally, but I just thought I'd give him some credit for all that he does.  He's very understanding with my crazy study schedule, my basic needs of chocolate and hugs, and he treated me to an extra date on Tuesday!  We went out for sushi and then saw the new silent film The Artist (the movie was with our friend, Sam; dinner was just us).  The movie was SO GOOD!  If you've seen Singing in the Rain and loved it, you should definitely see The Artist.  I would actually love to see it again!  SO GOOD.

5) My husband gets to go to Mexico for work!  I'm so proud of him for being given this opportunity to represent the company and check in on the factory in Mexico with the team from his branch.  Ok, I don't really know what he's supposed to do there...maybe he could elaborate on that...but I still think it's really cool.  Funny thought: Kyle will be going to Mexico for one week, and then two weeks later we will both be boarding a plane for Mexico - this time for our honeymoon!  Woot woot!


This has definitely brought me back to my happy place.  And now: back to studying.  Ah, the life of a med student.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Jasmin! Also, I have an identical picture of myself driving home with the dark glasses from the last time I got my eyes dilated, haha.

    ReplyDelete