PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 17, 2012

Text Message on a Budget

Now that Kyle's in Mexico for another week, he feels more comfortable sending me real text messages  - and I am thrilled!  Of course, I still don't want to rack up the phone bill, so my responses have to be perfectly created.  "Jasmin, what on early are you talking about?"

Did you know that there is a certain number of characters per text message?  If you go over that number most phones will allow you to keep writing, but they also partition it into a second message.  So, instead of the text message costing $0.50 while roaming, that larger message then costs $1.00 [or more]!

Observe:

Kyle: Hope you're having a good day.  Don't want Mexican food for lunch.  Looking forward to dinner.  Hope you're having a good day.  {no, that's not a typo; yes, he repeated himself}

Jasmin: :)Luv u so much!U'd better charge these 2 Dur:)Sent u a pic of my study setup @Sbucks. Good story 2nite about eye appt. Miss u.Can't wait 2 talk soon:) Mwah!

How my message would have looked if I wasn't being conscientious:
Jasmin: :)  I love you so much!  You'd better charge these to Durr :)  I sent you a pic of my study setup at Starbucks on What's App.  Also, I have a good story to tell you tonight about scheduling our contact appointments.  Miss you sooo much!  I can't wait to talk to you tonight! :)  Mwah!

So, no - I'm not a ditzy texter; I'm a girl who likes to save a few extra quarters ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment