PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 3, 2012

Date Night

Tonight's date night was absolutely AWESOME!  We went up to Ann Arbor to hit up the Fossil store [to check out those watches in person] and R.E.I. [to check out snow boots].  Not only did we leave A2 with a new watch and boots for me, Kyle also bought me perfume!  I was quite the spoiled girl, and it was greatly appreciated!

Fossil's Stella Mini Stainless Steel Watch - Smoke & Rose
This is the watch I ended up picking (#1 from this post) with input from my hubby and friends.  I really love it!  Jessica was right, I don't even mind the bigger face!  It's not as big as their "boyfriend" watches, but it fits nicely with my wrist size.  I found it really amusing that the woman kept joking out their "boyfriend" watches...I wear my watch on the same side as my wedding ring...did she really not notice?

The North Face Janey
These are the boots we bought!  I was really excited about this purchase because I almost bought these exact same boots last year, but held off because I hadn't tried them on.  And this ended up being a good life decision because now they are 50% off!  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the lace-up back, but I decided "meh, it's fashionable now; it's a good, sturdy, comfy, warm boot that will last a while" and that was the end of the story.

It's kind of funny how I ended up getting these two items.  Neither are things I would have seen myself wearing ever.  Lace-up boots?  I think it's a silly idea because snow gets packed into the laces area.  Swarovski crystals studding the face of a watch?  A two-toned accessory?  Neither are quite my style, but hey - it works!  Honestly, there was a really nice face that Kyle and I both loved but it was only found on the silver/matte silver Stella Mini or on the two-toned boyfriend watch.  Why oh why couldn't they just put it on the Stella Mini Smoke & Rose?  Oh well, I'm still happy.  :)

Kyle checking out cycling shoes at R.E.I.
While we were at R.E.I. we checked out cycling equipment and gear.  It was fun for Kyle to explain everything to me, and really cute at the same time.  Maybe someday I'll get a nice bike, but for now I will be tagging along on my inexpensive mountain bike.  :)

The rest of the night was filled with fine dining (and catching up on our Hulu queue when we got home).  We had a 9pm reservation for our favorite restaurant in these parts: Pacific Rim.  Such good food!  We haven't tried any other restaurant in Ann Arbor because this one is so good.  So so good.  Soooo good!  Witness:

Winter Salad 
Quinoa Encrusted Scallops - "Pan-seared jumbo scallops with
kohlrabi, fennel, edamame beans, served with coconut-
jasmine rice and carrot-lemongrass sauce."

Wasabi-Peppercorn Tenderloin - "Creekstone Farms all-natural
tenderloin with a wasabi-peppercorn sauce, bok choy, asparagus,
and a Yukon gold potato-parsnip puree."
I got my [typical] Quinoa Encrusted Scallops which were absolutely delicious.  Kyle got the Wasabi-Peppercorn Tenderloin which wasn't super spicy like wasabi, just nicely flavored.  He claims it was the best steak he's ever had.  We finished our meal with their delicious desserts (seriously, this chef does everything right).  Kyle tried the chocolate cake for the first time.  You have to order it 20 minutes before you want to eat it because they make it fresh.  We'd never tried it before so Kyle figured now was as good a time as any.  It was amazing.  It was like a brownie-cake hybrid.  Not more cake-y or more brownie-y, just a perfect blend.  We have no idea how they do it!  I got my favorite: chocolate-passionfruit mousse.  It's to-die-for.  We devoured our desserts before I remembered to take a picture, so you'll just have to trust me that the presentation was beautiful as well.

All in all, it was a pretty awesome date night!


No comments:

Post a Comment