PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Germies

Source Unknown
I came across this picture in my bacteriology notes and it made me think of my dad.  No, he doesn't look like a grumpy, hairy, mobster with pustules.  As kids, when we got sick and had a fever, dad would explain that our little soldiers were fighting the germs in our bodies.  I always imagined the soldiers looked like little tin soldiers and the microbes looked something like these guys.

I wish my mental image of the immune system looked the same.  It was way cooler 20 years ago.  I hope that when Kyle & I are raising our children, we come up with creative [but true] ways to explain things to our kids.  Dad was 100% correct.  The soldiers were fighting the germies.  But it was a way cooler explanation than "leukocytes destroying microbes".

1 comment:

  1. I always thought there were actually tiny soldiers fighting with guns and whatnot. I always imagined them shooting at each other from across a river.

    ReplyDelete