Kyle found this awesome company when his glasses broke in July (they literally fell apart when he touched them; they were also 6+ years old). Warby Parker has a really cool business model that we both really appreciate (both for us and for the world). They also have a really great home try-on program. On top of their awesome virtual try-on, you can select 5 frames and have them sent to you for free. With free returns. Awesome, right? I did this once and narrowed it down to one, but I wasn't in love with it. Here's the comparison of my current glasses (top) with the possible new frame (bottom; ignore the glare - all Warby Parker glasses come anti-scratch, anti-glare).
Since I wasn't completely sold, I emailed Warby Parker for some recommendations. The only thing I wasn't completely in love with concerning these frames was the vertical length. I didn't like that my eyes weren't centered in the frame vertically. Last night I realized that Kyle's (which I love) don't center his eyes either. I've determined this was some quirk that I just have to get over. I've had my eyes "centered" for so long that I am just not used to them not being "centered". Warby Parker sent me some recommendations for frames that were still in the "narrow" category (their website is so easy to use, it's awesome) and that had a shorter vertical length. Such great customer service! They even tell you that you can send pictures and they'll give you advice. Ballerrr!
Here are the new home try-ons I received last night. I'm pretty sure I'll go with #2 (which is actually the same pair as before), but I'd love to know what people think. If I could buy multiple pairs of glasses, I would totally get some of the other ones!





No comments:
Post a Comment