PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Delicious Soft Pretzels

The other day, I was in the mood to make some yummy foods so I finally tried out the soft pretzels recipe my sister-in-law, Bre, sent me at the end of April.  It's been on my "to-do list" since the week after my last exam...hence the "finally".  The recipe is from Food Network and can be found here.

After boiling.

After baking.

These pretzels were so delicious!  I don't like the salt that comes on soft pretzels, so I only salted half for Kyle.  I'm excited to make these again sometime soon.  Also, I'm proud to say that I made these 100% by myself!  Normally, everything is easier in the kitchen when both of us work together - and we enjoy doing just that!  Tuesday evening, however, Kyle had scheduled to play video games with his co-workers around the same time the more intensive part of the pretzel-making process needed to happen.  This wasn't his fault, mind you.  We had put yeast in our shopping basket the day before, but somehow it didn't make it to the register (I checked the receipt).  Since my car was out of commission, I didn't want to drive to the store to buy more yeast, so I waited for Kyle to pick it up on his way home from work.  This set the schedule back an hour, which put pretzel-making time at the same time as video games.  Regardless, I'm really proud of myself for completing this project all by myself and having fabulous results!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment