PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 1, 2012

Double Date Night

Several months ago, I started writing a post about our awesome double date nights with our dear friends, Asiyih & Niyaz.  For some reason, I never got past the first sentence...and I'm sick of seeing that we have 1 draft...so I'm finally going to write about our date nights!

Asi, Kyle, & I are childhood friends.  Asi & Niyaz got married exactly two weeks after Kyle & I did, and it was a dream-come-true to be able to attend each other's wedding.  Asi was my witness and I was one of her bridesmaids (so much fun!); while growing up, we were like two peas in a pod.  After their wedding, our friends were planning to move to China.  Then life happened and they ended up coming to our neck of the woods to spend several months at Asi's parents' house before venturing to the other side of the world.  While for them this was a minor pause in their plans, for us it was pretty much the best gift ever.  All of our friends here are medical students, and Kyle often gets left out of conversations (let's face it: all med students ever talk about is med school).  So to have Asi & Niyaz around, Kyle was 100% included (Niyaz & Kyle hit it off really well, too) and we got to play fun games like Settlers of Catan & Ticket to Ride.  We tried to spend as much time as possible with them, which meant our normal date nights became double date nights!  It was so much fun and so refreshing to be around like-minded people without the thought of medical school.  We would make plans well in advance so whenever a med student gathering happened, we couldn't attend.  Asi & Niyaz were about to leave for China, and then something would come up and they'd have to stay an extra week or two.  This happened several times.  Our friend, Sam, called us out on it - "they're always leaving for China soon!" - but it was the truth!  And I'm so thankful that we spent those weekends with them.

We miss them dearly, and can't wait til they're back on this side of the ocean in July!

1 comment:

  1. Awww that sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to spend so much time together! :) Miss you all a lot!

    ReplyDelete