PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Meet: Our Son (?!)

Tonight I had the best laugh I've ever had while volunteering at the Perrysburg Heights Free Medical Clinic.  The son of one of our security officers, a local policeman, started volunteering tonight at the reception desk.  Since we didn't have a volunteer receptionist, I served in this capacity.  I showed him what goes into different patients' files and we had a pretty good system working.  As one of the patients was leaving, he stopped by to ask some questions on behalf of his wife.  Then he said "so, is this your son?"  Somehow I was able to maintain composure - I smiled and said "nope!"  And then he continued, "your brother?"  "Nope!"  I then felt that I had to inform him that my assistant was 16 years old and I am 25.  We all got a good laugh out of that.  Here's my "son":

Yes, I had to get a picture with him!
I'm pretty sure this is the only time in my life that my age has been overestimated!  Greatly overestimated!

1 comment: