For those who might be thinking "wow, being a medical student is so terrible - you disregard your family" etc. just know that Halo 4 came out on Tuesday so if I hadn't been studying my butt off, I would have been a very lonely lady. Plus, this is not a normal occurrence. I make sure to spend time with Kyle every week and almost every night. Medical school and medicine are not my life. They are part of my life, but it's not the whole deal. My family and my Faith are my life, so I make time for them. Because they matter.
So now it's Date Night and I was hoping we could do something at home since I'm so exhausted. Kyle was home when he said he'd be, and I was sitting in bed reading through the 45 articles I had missed in the past 24 hours of keeping myself off Google Reader. Within 4 minutes of entering the front door, this is what I had on my hands:
| Sweet, sleeping Kyle |
That's right, folks. Apparently "Nerd Time" was more exhausting than "study time". Or maybe it's just that "study time" gives you better endurance.
As for tonight's Date Night, I think I'll put in some laundry, eat some chocolate, bake some banana bread, and maybe Kyle will eventually wake up with an idea of something awesome we can do.



I did not authorize the use of my photo in this post.
ReplyDelete