PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mental Playlist

While studying this past week, I would randomly realize that a song was playing in my head.  This happened a lot.  Or at least, I was hypersensitive to the fact that it was happening.  Either way, I started pulling the YouTube videos so I could remember them all.  If you know me well, you know that I don't know the words to most songs.  It's the tune that plays in my mind and if I get a song stuck in my head, it's usually the same chorus lines that I know (or may think I know) on repeat.  Another fun fact: I don't normally watch music videos.  If I pull up a song on YouTube, I usually have something else I'm working on (or Facebook/Pinterest) and I don't watch the video.  I will give you some warning about which videos I was horrified to see this week.  Here we go!

Armed by Devon Gundry
This music video is absolutely beautiful.  It brought me to tears.  I love Devon Gundry's work and I really wish he would create some more music!  Of all of the videos in this post, this is the only one I actually recommend watching.


We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift
I don't know if it's because I've heard it a lot on the radio lately, but this song came up several times.  I also love singing, and this is a fun one to sing along with.


Some Nights by Fun
This song is all over the radio.  Another fun one to sing along with.


Kiss Kiss by Tarkan
Totally random.  I haven't listened to this song since late high school.  I didn't actually watch the music video when I pulled this up so watch at your own risk.  I don't know how risqué Turkish music videos are...


Wizards in Winter by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Kyle and I have seen the Trans-Siberian Orchestra the past two winters and I saw them once in undergrad.  It's a fantastic performance so if you ever have the opportunity to see them, do it!  I also think this video is pretty fantastic so if you want some "wow!" or just a little bit of entertainment, watch the synchronized Christmas light display here:


Fire Burning by Sean Kingston
I think I know this song from our Dance Central 3 Xbox Kinect game, but I'm sure it was popular when it came out three years ago.  Maybe its popularity happened while we were in Ethiopia...no clue. This video has some scantily clad women but it also contains some pretty cool dancing.


Baby by Justin Bieber
This one came out while we were in Ethiopia and my (now) SIL, Jaleh, sent it to me as part of a mix cd.  This means it was one of maybe 30 songs of "new music" I listened to regularly, due to limited access.  I'd never watched the music video until now.  At the beginning, I really dislike when he grabs the girl.  Dude - hands off.  What kind of role model are you?  Oh wait...if you look at the video for "Boyfriend" it gets worse.  I'm disappointed, Justin.

Boyfriend by Justin Bieber
Justin has become a man!  No more baby Bieber hair, his voice dropped, and he's become even more sexual.  So sad.  Also, way more aggressive with the ladies.  I actually wanted to puke/punch him when I saw the music video. [Sorry Jaleh.]  Don't watch this.

CSI New York Theme Song - Teenage Wasteland
Don't ask me why this was in my head.  Very bizarre.

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
I don't think I'd truly heard this song until undergrad.  Maybe it had played on the radio sometime during the first two decades of my life, or maybe someone's parents' had it playing the background during a play group, but the first time I really listened to it was when I joined my [amazing] a cappella group, Case in Point, at Case Western Reserve University.  It was a song in which we each got a solo, which means it was my first real solo ever.  I sang the first part: "Isn't she lovely?  Isn't she wonderful?"  I've been missing singing way more than usual lately, so this song played in my head enough times for me to actually start singing it around the house [when Kyle wasn't home] or in the car.  Singing is a great tool for relaxation.


Friends Theme Song - I'll Be There For You
Yup.  No idea why this one was playing in my head, but it was appreciated!  Definitely one of those ones that I have no idea what the words are.

You Make Me Feel by Cobra Starship
This was a hit with me last Spring.  Definitely a rock-out-before-the-exam kind of song.

No comments:

Post a Comment