PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kyle's Favorite Apps

DISCLAIMER: I have a track record of being a poor judge of humor between 12am and 8am.  It's currently 1:57 a.m.

Kyle again.  It's time for my monthly post.  A few weeks ago, my sisters asked me to send them a list of apps that I recommend for iPhone users out there.  I'm very picky, so I've gotten pretty good at finding the best of whatever my options are.

Note: I am allowed to say I am picky because I am me.  When other people call me picky, I usually get kind of grumpy.  20% of the time I turn into...


I figured 1:15 a.m. is as good a time as any, so I put together a very short list.  I did not include things like Facebook and Instagram because there aren't really alternatives so I don't think they count.  I might add more as I think of them.

This list is pretty much fact.  If you disagree with me on any of my choices then you may want to consider changing your opinion.  Just sayin'.


Favorite Browser
Great interface.  Open tabs on our computer are synced with your phone, making it easy to look things up on your computer, then have them easily available on your phone when you're away from home.

Favorite Grocery List
It took a long time for someone to finally get a seemingly simple thing like a shared grocery list right, but this is finally it.  Syncs across multiple devices for multiple users IMMEDIATELY; no refreshing. Notifies you when someone edits the list.  Can tie in with the reminders app on your computer if you have a Mac.

Favorite Calendar App
Good design, easy to use, works best with google calendar.  Also displays whatever is in the default iOS calendar.

Favorite Google Reader App
Reeder - $2.99
Simple and to the point.  Good interface.

Favorite Investments / 401k Tracking App
SigFig - FREE
Good interface.  Uses charts and good old numbers to quickly provide you with the important information you want, so you always know how much money you have invested.  Tells you how your investments have increased/decreased on a daily basis.

Favorite Calculator App
Calcbot - $1.99
Good interface, gives you a history of past calculations and results, lets you use the results of past calculations as values in your current calculation.  It's a good calculator…

Favorite Flashlight App
It's just a flashlight, but if you have iOS6 then it has adjustable brightness, which can be good if you're trying to save a bit of battery.  Also I just think it's cool because I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment