Linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk.
I can't believe it's Friday already, but I'm sort-of-kind-of happy the week is over. I'm not fully excited simply because I did not accomplish as much as I would have liked to this week (studying-wise), but I'm looking forward to spending the weekend in Toronto with some of Kyle's family. I haven't done a H54F in a while, so please excuse me for just giving away one of my high fives!
In reverse chronological order:
![]() |
| Remember when Bre bought me this necklace for my birthday from Light Gives Heat? |
1) My sisters-in-law are hosting their first giveaway! The giveaway is for a $25 gift certificate to Light Gives Heat, an organization that works in Uganda to support artisans and establish sustainable incomes for women. Follow them at The Superettes and enter the giveaway here.
![]() |
| Follow them here. |
2) We're leaving for Toronto this evening after class! It will be nice to spend some time with Kyle's sisters (in from Boston) and of course his mom and younger siblings. We just saw everyone last weekend but I'm pretty sure we can never get enough family time.
3) Kyle has been doing some "training" at work that basically means he's working with the guys in the shop all week long. This means he's been getting up extra early (5am!) and he's been coming home extra early (3-4pm!). While this has made studying a little more challenging, I appreciate the extra hours we've had together. It only makes studying more challenging because I'd rather be home with him than in the library studying, and usually he doesn't get home til 6 or 7pm so I can easily stay at the library that long.
4) Early Tuesday morning a message went out to the Community Care Clinic executive board (of which I am a member) saying that the board member who was supposed to be at clinic that night was ill. I asked if she wanted to switch for Dec. 11th (Kyle and I realized it is our 1.5yr anniversary and it might be nice to do something but I had already committed to that clinic a month ago) and she gladly accepted the switch. Later that afternoon, literally minutes before I was about to head to clinic, I got a phone call from our Executive Director saying that there was only going to be 1 patient at our free clinic that night and since the other board member in charge of electronic health records (there are two of us at each clinic that fulfill this role) was already there so I didn't need to come to clinic. This meant Kyle and I had time to watch Mirror Mirror, during which he fell asleep. While I love volunteering at the clinic, I also love spending time with Kyle.
5) On Monday, I held our first Career Advising Team event. I'm pretty sure we are the only CAT that has done anything this year (this is the first year these are in existence) and most students have no idea what they are supposed to be/do. My co-peer facilitator and I decided a casual potluck at our faculty advisor's house (that was the advisor's idea) would be the perfect kick-off event, and while we knew fourth years would be pretty hit or miss (a lot are away for interviews or away rotations) we had surveyed the group and this Monday seemed as good a day as any. Unfortunately we only had two other students show up, but I'd still call the event a success. We learned a lot, got to know each other better, and there was good food! After we had already planned and scheduled our potluck, the Office of Student Affairs sent out an email to the student body that there would be a CAT mixer this upcoming Tuesday. Why didn't they let us know that sooner?! Also, why didn't they hold one at the beginning of the year?! Hopefully this mixer has a greater turn out from our CAT but I'm not very optimistic. I'm looking forward to planning our next event in January which will focus on applying to residency - from the application process to interviewing to ranking schools for The Match.
Whew. That was more like a weekly recap than a High Five for Friday post. I've been so behind with posting because I feel behind with school (although, I'm technically not). I'll try to get back on the posting regularly track, wish me luck!






No comments:
Post a Comment