PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Homemade Quiche

Sometime last week, Kyle decided he wanted quiche.  Not just any quiche - quiche like his dad used to make when he was growing up.  I'm no Dan Darling, but last night we gave it a whirl and I'd say it was a success!

A delicious slice of quiche for breakfast this morning.

I found some yummy looking recipes for spinach quiche, but Kyle said no.  It had to be like his dad made it: bacon, broccoli, and onions.  The only time I ever ate quiche growing up was when I spent the night with Asiyih.  From what I remember, they were normally baby/mini quiche.  I thought they were delicious, but it was something I only ever had with her family.  After making it for ourselves, I'm pretty sure this should become a regular thing.  Maybe monthly?

We ended up using this recipe but added twelve strips of bacon (cooked and chopped).  I usually read the comments on recipes before giving them a whirl, but for some reason I didn't think about it when we were creating our quiche.  There was a bit too much liquid, but it still tasted delicious.  I think we'll experiment a little more with quiche and when we perfect it, you'll be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment