I got home from school around 7:20pm. Kyle arrived home from work around 7:45pm. I had already gotten in my PJs, Kyle proceeded to make stirfry, we ate, and before I had finished my bowl Kyle was preparing for bed. Yes, folks, we went to sleep at 8:30pm. I think our exhaustion was due to 1) a long day of working hard and 2) going to bed 30min-1hr later than usual Sunday night. Whatever the case may be, we already consider ourselves "old folks". [No offense to our older readers.]
Tuesday
I went to the review for the exam I took last week. What this means is that they gave us back our answer booklets (with the questions and multiple choice answers, my pencil writing all over the place) and a printout of our answers with correct answers listed next to the incorrect answer choice we put. I had a couple "I knew that, why did I put this answer?!" moments, but the last question that I missed was pretty hilarious. I almost started laughing out loud by myself, but I knew everyone would think I was extra crazy if I made a peep. Here's the question:
If it the half-life of a drug is 8 days, how many weeks will it take to clear the drug? [Of course, there was a vignette before it and the question was asked in more words than was necessary.]
During the exam I was all "boo ya! I've got this!" because I know that it takes 4-5 half-lifes for the drug to be cleared from the body. 8 days x 5 = 40 days. So then I have to convert it to weeks. I bubbled in my answer choice, and was extremely surprised when I saw that I got it wrong. I re-read the question to make sure I had understood it correctly - I had. I then double-checked my math. It looked like this:
8 days x 5 = 40 days
40 days/12 days = 3 weeks
Circled answer *3 weeks*
Whaaaaa?! 12 days in a week? This is one of those moments where Kyle would tease me about my stellar math skills. That first summer we dated, I referred to the amount of water I drank one day as "2/3 of half a liter". In other words: 1/3 of a liter. If you're curious, the answer is 6 weeks.
Wednesday
This is the one day this week where I don't have anything scheduled in the evening (i.e. I can leave school before 7-8pm) so I thought it would be nice for Kyle and I to go on a bike ride. I checked the weather and it is going to be a picture-perfect autumn day.
Jasmin: You should come home early today and we should go on a bike ride. It's going to be warm and sunny. Sunset is at 6:50pm. Oh, but I guess it's going to be windy. 19mph.
Kyle: Yeah, I would like to. We'll see how the day goes. Don't get your hopes up. And 19mph would be rough.
Jasmin: I'm just going to cancel that idea in my head. :)
Yeah...19mph winds? Not going to happen. But my urge to bike plus reading about someone's sprint triathlon really made me want to train for one myself. Unfortunately, I don't think I could ever convince Kyle to do one, which means I will probably never complete one.
Later Wednesday
As I was heading back to the library from a Step 1 info session, a pediatric resident who was on the panel I went to on Monday came around the corner. I was surprised 1) to see him (since he works at a different hospital) and 2) to see him in street clothes, and for some reason I said "hey!" Normally when someone says "hey!", especially someone you don't know, you just say "hey!" and keep walking, right? Well, he stopped and said "hey!" To which I responded "you're the resident!" And he said "that I am!" And going further down the path of awkwardness, I piped "and I am not! Have a good day!" WOW. I hope I never have to work with him. Or he never remembers the most awkward encounter I've ever had. I had asked a question during the panel to which he responded, so maybe it will click later that I was "that girl who asked the question"...and now I'm that girl - who awkwardly talked to him in the hallway.
Thursday
I check our credit card account to see how we're doing this week and I notice a pending charge for Taco Bell. Then it hits me. This is how our conversation went last night as we got into bed:
Kyle: I want Taco Bell.
Jasmin: So go get some.
Kyle: [contemplated] Only if you come with me.
Jasmin: I'm too tired. I'm not getting out of bed.
Apparently after that moment I passed out and Kyle went to Taco Bell 45 minutes later because he was so hungry. And I had no idea because I was fast asleep. He says I woke up when he came back to bed, but I don't remember a thing. So crazy.
Friday
Today I had my BLS (Basic Life Support) re-certification class. I had completed the online portion on Monday, and was fired up to save the lives of the manikins today. I worked with all ages - adult, child, and infant - and I feel confident in my ability to provide basic life support if the situation should arise. Hopefully, when performed on a real person, I don't get nasty burns on the back of my fingers from performing chest compressions. Seriously. I never thought CPR could cause so much damage to the provider! Oh well, at least I don't have broken ribs...
Later Wednesday
As I was heading back to the library from a Step 1 info session, a pediatric resident who was on the panel I went to on Monday came around the corner. I was surprised 1) to see him (since he works at a different hospital) and 2) to see him in street clothes, and for some reason I said "hey!" Normally when someone says "hey!", especially someone you don't know, you just say "hey!" and keep walking, right? Well, he stopped and said "hey!" To which I responded "you're the resident!" And he said "that I am!" And going further down the path of awkwardness, I piped "and I am not! Have a good day!" WOW. I hope I never have to work with him. Or he never remembers the most awkward encounter I've ever had. I had asked a question during the panel to which he responded, so maybe it will click later that I was "that girl who asked the question"...and now I'm that girl - who awkwardly talked to him in the hallway.
Thursday
I check our credit card account to see how we're doing this week and I notice a pending charge for Taco Bell. Then it hits me. This is how our conversation went last night as we got into bed:
Kyle: I want Taco Bell.
Jasmin: So go get some.
Kyle: [contemplated] Only if you come with me.
Jasmin: I'm too tired. I'm not getting out of bed.
Apparently after that moment I passed out and Kyle went to Taco Bell 45 minutes later because he was so hungry. And I had no idea because I was fast asleep. He says I woke up when he came back to bed, but I don't remember a thing. So crazy.
Friday
Today I had my BLS (Basic Life Support) re-certification class. I had completed the online portion on Monday, and was fired up to save the lives of the manikins today. I worked with all ages - adult, child, and infant - and I feel confident in my ability to provide basic life support if the situation should arise. Hopefully, when performed on a real person, I don't get nasty burns on the back of my fingers from performing chest compressions. Seriously. I never thought CPR could cause so much damage to the provider! Oh well, at least I don't have broken ribs...



I guess I have conversations with Trent in my sleep all the time and never remember them. But when I am actually awake and try to talk to him he ignores me and then says it's because he never knows now if I'm awake or not haha.
ReplyDelete